Brief history of how our school, and its students, have addressed environmental, climate, racial justice and/or social justice work
We are new school this year!
Club goals, priorities and interests (that are aligned with Our Future)
- Community action and civic engagement (e.g. marches/rallies, public speaking, letter writing campaigns).
- Being involved with legislative actions.
- Having student representatives on a “youth climate council” in our city and/or county.
- Becoming certified as an Oregon Green School.
- Enhance our waste reduction practices (e.g. composting, paper use, recycling, beverage containers, reusable utensils in the cafeteria).
- Training opportunities for Our Future leaders (e.g. leadership skills, fundraising, etc.).
- Training opportunities for other students at our school (e.g. climate science, how to get involved in environmental/social justice issues).
- Increase club membership (including recruiting Freshman/Sophomores into our club/team).
- Art projects that will raise the awareness of climate change, or the importance or sustainability/social justice.
- Supporting the Our Children’s Trust trial ( https://www.ourchildrenstrust.org/juliana-v-us ).
- Pollinator Garden Grant and Mountain Film Festival (Whole Green Team)
Main Student Contacts
New Info Coming Soon!
(To reach the team, please use the contact form below.)
Oregon Green Schools Corner
Stay tuned for Oregon Green School certification progress!