North Salem High School
765 14th St NE, Salem, OR 97301
Principal: Chad Towe
Our Future Contacts:
Marisela Basilio Alva, Senior
Our Future – Regional Leader (Salem Region)
Other Affiliations: Environmental Club
(To reach Marisela, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.)
Please use the contact form at bottom of page.
Brief overview of how our school, and its students, are addressing environmental, climate, racial justice and/or social justice work:
During the 2021-2022 school year. The Environmental Club at North Salem High School has created various projects that include informing/teaching students from our collected data with recycling, reduction our waste with campus clean-ups, and educate the importance of our environment. Within the 2022-2023 school year, we hope to create more student-led projects to assist for climate and ecological justice.
Club goals, priorities and interests (that are aligned with Our Future)
- Being involved with legislative actions.
- Becoming certified as an Oregon Green School (or upgrading to the next level).
- Enhance our waste reduction practices (e.g. composting, paper use, recycling, beverage containers, reusable utensils in the cafeteria).
- Training opportunities for Our Future leaders (e.g. leadership skills, fundraising, etc.).
- Training opportunities for students at your school (e.g. climate science, how to get involved in environmental/social justice issues).
- Increase club membership (including recruiting Freshman/Sophomores into your club/team).
- Art projects that will raise the awareness of climate change, or the importance or sustainability/social justice.
Oregon Green Schools Corner
Stay tuned for Oregon Green Schools certification progress!