Brief history of how our school, and its students, have addressed environmental, climate, racial justice and/or social justice work
At the annual Building Bridges Summit, the Muslim Educational Trust works to further social justice by bringing together individuals from different communities and backgrounds. The annual Community 101 program focuses on various social justice issues through a philanthropic lens.
Club goals, priorities and interests (that are aligned with Our Future)
- Community action and civic engagement.
- Having student representatives on a “youth climate council” in your city and/or county.
- Becoming certified as an Oregon Green School (or upgrading to the next level).
- Enhance your waste reduction practices (e.g. composting, paper use, recycling, beverage containers, reusable utensils in the cafeteria).
- Training opportunities for other students at your school (e.g. climate science, how to get involved in environmental/social justice issues).
- Increase club membership (including recruiting Freshman/Sophomores into your club/team).
- Art projects that will raise the awareness of climate change, or the importance or sustainability/social justice.
- Advocating for environmental justice education for middle and high school students.
Main Student Contacts
Oregon Green Schools Corner
Stay tuned for Oregon Green School certification progress!