Green Career Fair:
Presented by the Our Future high school leadership network, and Partners for Sustainable Schools.
- U.S. Senator Ron Wyden
- Colt Gill – Director of the Oregon Dept. of Education
- Sapna Khandwala, CEO/President, Stillwater Sciences.
They will set the stage with an understanding of the importance of green careers.
The “panel speakers” are from various companies, organizations and universities in Oregon, and will help you learn about specific opportunities in the following three subjects: Green Technology & Natural Resources, Green Economy, and College/University Opportunities. Please Click Here for the brochure with details about each presenter.
Here is a list of the confirmed panelists:
- Green Economy and Natural Resources: Kim Tham (Public Health Specialist, Oregon Health Authority), Casey Kulla (Yamhill County Commissioner and sustainable farmer), Joshua Proudfoot (Principal – The Good Company), Jeremy FiveCrows (Communications Director, Columbia River Intertribal Fish Commission), Teresa Gaddy (EcoTrust Green Workforce Academy Program Manager).
- Green Technology and Natural Resources: Adrian Arenas (Green Program Manager – LatinoBuilt), Jamie Duyck (CEO, Equity EV), Roger Ebbage (Energy and Water Efficiency
Program Director, Lane Community College), Christy Splitt (Government Relations Coordinator, Oregon Department of Energy).
- Education: Mary Chuinard, (Oregon State University – College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences), Scott Maguffin (SOU Environmental Sciences Department), Dr. Max Nielsen-Pincus (Portland State University – Environmental Science and Management Department), Sophie Bybee (Environmental Studies Undergraduate
Coordinator, University of Oregon).
- You are encouraged to be involved by asking questions during the Q and A time of each panel.
- You will also be encouraged to share your ideas in the Zoom chat at any point during the fair.
- High school students from the “Our Future” network will be helping to facilitate the panels. You can learn more about the students by Clicking Here for the “Meet the Team” article.
Saturday, April 30th, 1:00pm-4:30pm.
- 1:00 – Intro by Partners for Sustainable Schools and the Our Future network
- 1:10 – Keynote – Colt Gill (Director – Oregon Dept. of Education)
- 1:20 – 2:15 – Panel #1: Education
- 2:15 – Break
- 2:20 – Keynote – Ron Wyden (U.S. Senator)
- 2:30 – 3:20 – Panel #2: Green Economy
- 3:20 – Break
- 3:25 – Keynote: Sapna Khandwala (CEO/President, Stillwater Sciences)
- 3:35 – 4:25 – Panel #3: Green Technology and Natural Resources
- 4:25 – 4:30 – Closing Remarks
NOTES: (1) Each of the 3 virtual discussion panels (via Zoom), will have 4-5 presenters. (2) We are asking students to stay for the full event – 1pm to 4:30pm, however you can also choose to attend the panels based on your interests.
If you would like others to know about the fair, contact us and we can give you access to our folder of promotional materials. It includes digital and printable flyers (with a QR code to registration page), social media images, and text for announcements/newsletters. We will work with individual schools to determine what methods of outreach work best for them.
Partners for Sustainable Schools (PSS) is a Eugene-based non-profit that works to integrate sustainability/climate change education, advocacy and action into K-12 schools. We work with various grade levels, however our newest program, Our Future, is a statewide high school leadership network. The network connects students to amplify their efforts and support initiatives based on climate action and climate justice within their schools, communities, and beyond.